Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Belle Isle


Today I went to the river with my friend to take some photos and to do a little bit of exercise. While there we talked of many things and saw many things from the past that are more or less permanently there. We went to a little island called Belle Isle which is a popular place for many travelers and students alike in the City. The island is surrounded by the beautiful James River. 

The island has been many things through the year including a Civil War prison and later in the twentieth century was turned into a hydroelectric power plant. 

With all the old rusted metal and stones all over the place, it is very hard to not think about all the things that went on there. Though while there you always have to look our for all the rusted metal...

While there I thought it would be a good time to start doing outfits of the day....  I don't know what I was thinking I had my friend help me but I had never done any posing for photos, well nothing that wasn't "high fashion". So some of the photos of my outfit aren't really the best but I did have some fun and that's all that matters. 

This day we were having another one of those strange temperature fluxes that are common in Richmond, Virginia, so I didn't exactly dress for the correct weather.








I am wearing:
Altered State Jeans: Nordstrom
Target Black Cardigan
Minnetonka 3-Layer Fringe Boot in Dusty Brown
Grey Shirt Form Delias
Lipstick - Lasting Finish By Kate in 01
My everyday necklace from forever 21 and a Mickey Mouse head from Disney World  

No comments:

Post a Comment